Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Housing and who I heard from

I hate looking for housing. Pinegar has been so ideal in tons of ways, that the idea of moving someplace else makes me thoroughly annoyed. But I know it's time to move on. Emily, Yasmina and I went looking this morning and found good and bad in all of the places where we looked. I hate looking for places. I haven't looked for a place since August of '99 thanks to friends finding places instead. Blech.

But on a happier note:
I was up late last night, until about 2am. Okay, this isn't late for me. Anyway, I heard the sound for new instant message chat come up. The person was supposedly Megan Neeley, but her gmail chat thing said that it was probably just her sister checking the email. But then this person asked me how the Tribe was doing (Cleveland Indians). Hope against hope! Could it really be our dear Cectpa Neeley all the way in Lithuania? Why yes! It was! We got a 3 minute chat in before she had to log off. I told her how the Indians were doing and she said that she loved Vilnius. It was so cool to hear from her. I guess she can use her gmail address. I'm glad I didn't go to bed but decided to finish off just one more section of my thesis before going to sleep. Ahhhh, life is sweet when you're a night owl.

Here's Megan's chat with me. I'm sure that there are a few of you who would mildly care about this...

1:39 AM Megan: and how's the tribe?
let me know if you get chance. hope you're doing well.
me: i'm assuming this isn't really megan
is it really you?
Megan: da
me: well, hello friend
Megan: are you reallly awake?
me: can i email you
of course
1:40 AM it's 140am
Megan: yes.
me: no biggie
Megan: isn't that the best news ever?
me: am i allowed to email you
yes
Megan: i can email everyone
yes.
me: you serious!!!!
from this email?
Megan: yes! i love it
i think so
me: the tribe's 1 game back
Megan: my trainer does.
me: SAWEET!!
Megan: oh you're the best
me: i was hoping it was you
1:41 AM Megan: it is me
we have to go pretty soon though
but i LOVE it
me: but cleveland's firmly in 1st place in the wild card
i'm so excited to talk to you!!!
Megan: sweet deal
me: i've missed you
Megan: just 2 more months eh
me: how's lithuania
i know
i'll keep you updated weekly now
Megan: ya toje
me: ummmm
Megan: saweet
me: oh, ok
1:42 AM Megan: lithuania's great
i wrote the parents a novel this week
me: yeah? what do you like about it
Megan: but i think we're ready to go
me: i'm excited to get it
Megan: love you
me: love you too
Megan: i'll email you next week
me: it was good to talk
i'll email you to
too
Megan: yes
me: good updates
Megan: sweet
bye!
me: take care, my friend!!
:D

Now that made my day. Best thing that's happened since being in Europe, I wager.

3 comments:

Lydia and Josh said...

Sweet that you talked to megan. no i haven't named my scooter. I haven't been riding it because the battery is dead. I need to ride it then I'll pick a name. I like a lot of your suggestions though.

sallysue said...

Hopefully the housing hunt has been successful. I haven't had to look for housing for quite a while as well. On-campus, home, mission, home. It's always been provided for me. Best of luck.

Myra Bybee said...

ah Megan! I am terribly jealous you got to actually talk to her! that is awesome! Thanks for letting us feel included by sharing the chat with us.