Thursday, August 9, 2007

Those feet, they're important

I think my friends are worried about me. They often list off names of myriad guys and extol their virtues, then repeat my good points finally ending by discussing our children and eternal happiness. They do it to get at me, mostly because they list off tons of guys at once.
But lately I think they're afraid that I'm not taking this marriage thing seriously (whatever). The standards that they're now basing my possible dating partner are pretty basic. One recent possibility seemed to boil down to the fact that he breathed.
Tonight Stick mentioned this guy, code named The Defender, I'll just quote how the conversation went.
K: Well, I don't know, there's The Defender.
V: Uh huh.
K: I mean, it could go well with you two. I mean, look, he's got...feet.
--stunned silence--
--uproarious laughter--
--Kathy dejectedly dropping her forehead onto her left palm, recognizing, that, WOW, that was a dumb thing to say--
--continued joking about how The Defender and I will really hit it off since we have the amazing similarity: feet--
--Kathy pointing that since she doesn't have feet, I just can't understand what life's like, footless, and that I should hook up with The Defender, The Footed Wonder!!--

I must point out, that this discussion of my dating and the on average 7 guys that I should be dating and marrying, according to Kathy, do vary over the years, but she's brings this up daily. Funny thing is that when there's anyone who could really be a whatever, she shuts right up, as if she could jinx it or something.

Feet. Honestly, what was she thinking?

Wouldn't you rather have a low voice than interesting feet, or feet at all, for that matter?:

2 comments:

Will said...

Guess what happens sept 1st?

http://space.newscientist.com/article/dn12443-rare-meteor-shower-to-shed-light-on-dangerous-comets.html

Cassidy said...

Ok,I know EXACTLY what you are going through. I get that all the time. A few months ago my parents home teacher came over and when he found out that they had a daughter my age, who is single, they decided that they should set me up with their son because he is single and my same age. That was all the criteria. However, we do both have feet. However, I declined because I was so pissed that he wanted to set us up because we were both over the age of 24 and single.