Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Just put down the thesis, ma'am, and walk slowly away with your hands in the air

So Saturday afternoon I fell asleep while working on my thesis. I woke up and hour or two later and my eyes HURT like nothing else. When I moved them at all it was like I was contorting every eye muscle in ways never before discovered. They killed. Then I looked in the mirror, and what did I see? This. My eyes were so red that the white seems to be the aberration of coloration, not the red. I had totally pulled my eye muscles while working on my thesis:
NERD. I'M A TOTAL UBER NERD.

So did you know that you get a nice warning bar on the top of your Gmail account if you hit 95% of your mail capacity? This is what I found out. My account was stuffed. So I've been slowly working on cleaning it up. I've got it down to 43% full. It's a tedious job, I tell you what.

Later that night we went to a BYU 73rd Ward reunion. Bepa's family had opened up their back yard for one exciting Dessert Night. It was so cool to see everyone again. Some of the people I hadn't seen in, oh, I don't know, 3 years or something. The 73rd Ward has been a good home. You know you're from the 73rd Ward when you fight back tears when seeing a video of an empty P4.

Speaking of empty, Kathy just moved out. She and the family are on their way down to Cedar City as I type. This makes me intensely sad. Kathy's great fun. :`(
Gretchie's moving next week probably. Then I'm gone, and P6 will be no more the P6 that we've known and loved. I admit it. I hate change.

Speaking of, I found an apartment yesterday at Old Mill. The real draw is the fact that it has a lot of storage space. I've got too much stuff and my free storage will be no more in a couple of weeks (my mom's moving to Virginia). Emily (Lewdavis) and I'll be moving into an apartment and we're hoping against hope that no one will move in with us. (Keep your fingers crossed) Well, I guess if the other possible chicks are cool I'll be fine with it.

3 comments:

emily said...

ay ay ay, you've only just made up that name for me and already it's stuck? errmmm.

here's to hoping we get to have a library AND a guest room!

Frau Magister said...

Somehow I missed that your mom is moving. You'll have to give me the details sometime.

Myra Bybee said...

I hate change too! I can't beleive you guys will no longer be in the 73rd world. You were some of the last I still knew there! I wish I could of been at the reunion...too bad I was in Oregon!