Thursday, August 23, 2007

Huggy Huggy

No, this blog entry is not about a step in the Bishop's intimacy chart. But it is about a conversation that I had with friend's tonight at Jenn's birthday party.
We were discussing when you hug, what situations are okay for hugging, who you hug, who you are socially allowed to hug, and why.
Alex said that you don't hug your roommates and definitely not inside the apartment. That's very understandable if you're a guy. Rules are much more sketchy if you're a girl. What are the rules?
What about the mission? Who do you hug from the mission now?
What am I leaving out? What qualms have you, my blogosphere friends, had with hugging?
It was a very funny conversation. I'd look over at Liberty and she was laughing so hard, especially at Dan's mother's "under" hug.
Oh, and Gretchen's been having a rough go lately, so you should all give her a hug to cheer her up, let her know that you care.

2 comments:

Myra Bybee said...

Well I would have to say that I used to not like hugging very much. And I am not sure how it changed but now I love to hug! I had one comp on the mission that would want to hug me at night after praying, and I hated it because A) I didn't really like her and B)She wasn't wearing a bra!So that to me is a no-no!

Frau Magister said...

Some roommates you have to not hug, some you to have, depending on the personality and how much you want to maintain a relationship with them. Even so, don't hug too much.

I think it also depends on your culture and family background. My family is huggy and my high school was huggy, so I find I hug people more naturally than other people.