Saturday, July 28, 2007

A good quote for me

While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior. ~Henry C. Link
I saw this on the title bar of the 100 Hour Board. It's a good quote for me to remember because I have a tendency to hesitate until I can make sure that everything I'm doing is exactly correct before I continue. The funny thing is that I'm not a perfectionist. I know it sounds dichotomous, but I really am not a perfectionist, especially when it comes to school and sports, etc. But I need to remember that I will make inevitable mistakes because I don't know every fact or how to do everything, but I learn thru doing and asking. I've gotten better at this over the years, the doing and learning, but I can still improve. Hence, in a rare intentional show of fallibility, as well as an even more rare admitted goal making, I'm going to try to do more and improve my life by making those mistakes that I'm afraid to make. Here's to trying not to be held hostage anymore by fear of frailty!

1 comment:

Myra Bybee said...

That is a good quote and good insight. I also like your new picture above your blog.