Monday, July 23, 2007

Bison Burgers to celebrate the 24th

Matt and Sarah invited us to their Mapleton home for a nice Pioneer Day party. We had some tasty Bison Burgers. Yum. We also had some Mormon layered Jello salad, Asian style. The soy sauce in the fridge leaked a little bit and dripped some onto one side of the Jello salad, so that part was removed. I couldn't taste any soy sauce, though, so the Asian style was muted.
Mapleton had its first big fireworks show ever for the 24th of July. We went to the baseball diamonds and sat right underneath the exploding fireworks. The power of the explosions reverberated in my gut. The lights were so bright at one point that it was like a strobe light. Have you ever felt like that about fireworks, that they're a strobe light of colored celestial gun powder explosions? Admittedly I haven't cared at all about fireworks in 18 or so years. But half the fun tonight was listening to the kids be so excited.
Viva os peregrinos! (Metaphorically, of course. Pilgrim zombies would scare me.)
Oh, tomorrow I'm gonna go see Harry Potter on the IMAX screen with some 3D at the end. I'll let you know if I like it better in the IMAX format. I wasn't much of a fan of the normal version. Did anyone else think that it was like a clips show? Sort of a best-of type of thing? People said that the movie flowed better than the other 4. I think that's just because all of the scenes were quick clips, sort of a rapid fire BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! Slamming you with a little hint of the story, you fill in the blank. I really felt like the storyline had been hidden or cut out or something, like a connect-the-dots movie. If you've read the book, you might be able to connect the majority of the dots. A movie shouldn't be like that. Plot anyone? Honestly. Bah!


My West Wing alter ego is, although I don't really know if I fit the Seaborn bill, save for the extreme idealism:



The idealistic speechwriter is well-liked by just about everyone. He's known for his excellent writing, sense of humor, and tendency to be clutzy. Although being younger than the rest of the staff, he's often treated as so, much to his dismay.

1 comment:

Frau Magister said...

I think I have retinal damage from those fireworks. I loved listening to the kids too.