Friday, July 20, 2007

Discoveries, anecdotes and facts

#1 No matter how much I try to avoid it, I want to eat a big, juicy hamburger and some French fries on the side. I've been craving one since Spain. So what's that, 3 weeks now? Anyway, I wasn't about to eat one in Europe, and while I was sick I didn't want to because I wanted to be healthy, but I didn't really want to eat anything at all anyway. But now I want one and am trying to succumb to the craving, but my brother has my sister's car and isn't answering his phone.
#2 Ich spreche nicht Deutsches, but I really like this phrase: Die Wahrheit ist irgendwo da draußen. I think it's funny. Copy it and look it up here. Ahh, someday I'll learn German. I've been trying to focus on the Romance languages so that I can feel more comfortable with them before heading off to other language families. But I think I might lose the battle. I really wanna learn German, and I've wanted to since like 1998.
#3 I think these Barbie dolls are really funny.
#4 I really like collard greens, but I only really like them Brazilian style. Oh, they're so dang good.
#5 Harry Potter is coming out tonight and I haven't cheated anywhere online or read anything about it. We're mere hours away, and I'm very excited. Lydia and I are gonna go stand in line as soon as she gets off work. [She's so nice, she went and stood in line this morning to get a bracelet so that in the line tonight we'd be near the front. She was there from 7:30-9:00. I think we humans are crazy.] I'm sure that I'll blog about it, but I'll put HUGE WARNING SIGNS up once any possible spoilers start. But I feel that this can be an intense interblogging topic for those of us who will read.
#6 I'm gonna go see the 5th movie again with a couple of friends of mine, but this time at the IMAX theater where the last 20 or so minutes will be in 3-D. That's also going to be very, very exciting.
#7 I imagine that if anyone wants to talk to me, I'll be up all night reading, so you can get a hold of me. But probably not come Saturday morning, because by then I'll be crashing.

Have a great weekend everyone! Enjoy HP7 for those of you who will be reading it!!!!!

Oh, and according to the latest sorting test that I've taken, I'm a Ravenclaw:
Want to Get Sorted?

You can get sorted here.
Scottie was Gryffindor, but that's not shocking. Half the time that's where I get put on these quizzes.

3 comments:

just a little bit mo said...

I love you Venom. See you at the Borders Potter party! I've posted new images on my website for you and more will be forthcoming. I think both you and Lydia will be out of commission tomorrow morning for some odd reason . . .

emily said...

usually you don't hear of someone trying to succumb to a craving...

yes, learn German. Du weisst, ich werde endlich Portugiesisch lernen. I'm not sure why that is a good argument. it made sense in my head.

oh, you Harry Potter freaks... sometimes I feel like I'm the freak for not freaking out about the books and movies... meh

Frau Magister said...

I didn't remember that you were such an X-Files/Akte X fan.