Thursday, May 31, 2007

Some more anecdotes

Kathy accidentally spilled flour all over herself and on the floor today by the pantry. I heard this little thud, then Kathy saying "Zut!" It was pretty funny. Flour's terrible to try and clean up. It takes like 7 vacuumings and 10 sweepings. Then you find some more.

I really like washing clothes by hand. I squirted cherry juice on myself today and had to wash a shirt by hand in the sink. My how I enjoyed myself. If I ever build my own house, I want to install something like this, or like this.

I babysit the cutest girl ever. Her name--well what I call her--is Norinha (NoriƱa).
I have altogether too much fun while I babysit her. So much so that I get nothing else done for those three hours. She makes me laugh out loud. She's really friendly, rarely cries and not for very long when she does. She's extremely amiable.
One of her favorite things are spools of thread, as you can see in her left hand of this picture:


Her mom's my friend from the master's program. Today her parents took me out to lunch at Tucano's as a thank you for babysitting her. It was pretty tasty. Norinha's old enough to eat big people food, and she sure had tons of it. It was really funny. She liked the shrimp. She also enjoys sucking on limes and lemons a whole lot. Doesn't even make a sour face. Pretty impressive if you ask me.
Have you had a Brazilian BBQ (churrasco [shoe-HAS-coo])? It's really, really, really tasty.
And their pineapple is to die for! Here's the trick: a light glaze of honey and brown sugar. Try it.

2 comments:

Cassidy said...

One time, when I was little, my 2 older sisters and I were home alone and we spilled some flour on the carpet. We decided that the best way to clean it up would be to put a wet towel over it and roller skate over it multiple times. My mother was thrilled.
My great grandmother washed clothes by hand and she had this like roller thing that you put the clothes through to wring them out. It was fascinating to watch. But, to be honest, I like the convenience of just throwing my clothes in the washer and hoping for the best.

FoxyJ said...

Oh she is so big! And she's really cute :) Tucanos is the best restaurant ever invented. It's actually a great place to take kids because they have so many good options for them. One of the few things I miss about Provo...