Thursday, May 17, 2007

Off to Laramie

G, K and I are off to their hometown of Laramie, Wyoming. The Hapi-Ness 5K is this weekend and G & K's dad's in charge of it. The Rimmasches are fun people, but they have this rabbit. I tell you, she's a hater. She seems all nice and what not, but really all she does is hide from you unless you're a Rimmasch. Her name's Ruthy, and until she hated on me last year, that's what I called her. But after the hating and hiding, I now pronounce her name in Portuguese, which sound a whole lot like "hoochie." I garner the ire of G & K every time. She's a real hater. But "she's so pretty," as Gretchen likes to remind me.
Have a fun weekend. Maybe I'll get a chance blog. I'll let you know how the race went.

2 comments:

Cassidy said...

Are you running in the race?
This story reminds me of this book I read as a child about a vampire rabbit called Bunnicula. It scared the hell out of me and I am pretty sure that I am still scared of rabbits. There is one that runs around by my house but it's only out at nighttime. I see it when I am driving me car and I swear it has red eyes. You are lucky Hoochie doesn't want anything to do with you, stay away!
PS Tell, K and G that I say hi!

Myra Bybee said...

How fun to go to Wyoming! I actually really enjoy rabbits when they are tame, but I have been scratched by a few and those I do not like. Oh and I also read Bunnicula, and it was scary!