Thursday, May 10, 2007

travelling softballer

Larissa called sent me various emails this morning and had her friend call me a few times this morning while a was dead-to-the-world asleep, all to be able to play softball. So tonight I played hot corner. Do you know how happy this makes me? Last summer when I was contemplating going on the study abroad to Brazil, I was all stoked for the trip, and then I realized that I'd be missing Co-Ed Softball. It made me stop and contemplate what I really wanted to do. I obviously went to Brazil, but that's how much I love softball. Oh, and I got to play hot corner and be the 3rd base coach and I batted clean-up (which is actually sorta funny because I've never been a power hitter). Effulgent joy...
I also spent a good chunk of my afternoon with the nice travel ladies. They're so helpful. After spending who knows how long trying to fumble our way thru the Eurorail junk, Eva had the great idea for a rental car. I love driving, so I'm happy about this. We now get to control our own schedule instead of living and dying by the trains. I mean seriously, 12 hours from Santiago de Compostela to Bilbao??? It's because of the crazy train routes. We'd have to go from the extreme northwest of Spain to central Spain, only to have to hop up to Bilbao. Blech and double blech.
Now my goal is to convince Clark that we could go from Bilbao to Barça via southern France. It'd add only a couple of hours (if that) onto the trip and then I would have made it to southern France.

2 comments:

Cassidy said...

The link under Sou is freaking AMAZING! No, I can not paint with either hand. Obviously I can't even paint with one!
I also love softball but it really has been a million years since I have played.

Going bananas said...

Hey, Van
Why do you have to convince Clark to let you go to France? I thought you were traveling with Cindy?