Monday, May 14, 2007

Life Goals and sandwiches

Over the weekend I had two more of those yummy sandwiches, btw. But I think I'm going to try to be a little bit more moderate. (wink wink)

My sister Laurel shared us the list of her life's goals. Some were serious like, get married in the temple, graduate BYU w/ a certain GPA, etc. But she also had some funny ones like own a Kate Spade purse and a Kate Spade diaper bag. She's a funny kid.

So I've started thinking about some of my life's goals. I've decided to periodically blog about them as I figure out (or remember) what they are. I'm not a big goal setter, so this might not be that big of a deal. Oh, and these aren't going to be in any particular order. (like #11 being #11, and #12 being #12)

1-Go to Portugal
2-Go to Spain **The link is to Madrid's POST OFFICE!!
3-Go to France
(I put those there so I can cross them off)
4-Finish my thesis
5-Defend my thesis
6-Do a good job defending my thesis.
7-Be sufficiently organized
8-Own a 6-speed manual transmission
9-Own a more responsible car, like a hybrid or something
10-Learn more languages
(I think I'll make a separate blog for language wishes)
11-Get married in the temple
12-Have a family
13-Play baseball with this family
14-Go to a lot of baseball stadiums like Camden Yards, Fenway, Arlington, Shea, SBC Park, Wrigley Field, Dodger Stadium, Minute Maid Park (even though it has the stupid center field hill), and, if all were right in the world, Ebbets Field, and the Polo Grounds. But alas, all is not right in the world.
--Now before anybody freaks out, I've been to The Coliseum, Yankee Stadium, The Metrodome, and the old Tigers Stadium already.
15-I'd have my very own field in my backyard to have family games and invite the neighbors over.

4 comments:

Cassidy said...

Great goals. Like the new black title. Looks better.

Myra Bybee said...

I like your goals. i like that half of them show your obsession with baseball!

Cassidy said...

And the other half showcase your obsession with Europe.

Going bananas said...

my cousin and his wife have a goal to go to all of the MLB stadiums in the US, and they have made it to 7 so far. Knowing you, you'll figure a way to fit them all in by the time you're 40. And as for the hybrid car, I agree. I keep telling Terry that when he graduates and gets a "real" job, I want a hybrid Toyota!