Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A nice weekend in Laramie

Some of you know my two roommates, Kathy and Gretchen. They are excellent people. I went to their family's house this weekend in Laramie to help out with the 5K that their dad runs, as I mentioned last week.
Anyway, when I go up they always put me in their older brother Karl's old room. In that room there's this cute picture of their family. I put Gretchen at about 3 or 4 and Kathy at about 6 or so.

Isn't it a cute picture? The funny thing is that they both still make these faces. I think that's why the picture's so funny to me. Anyway, I posted that up for those of you that know K & G.
Kathy runs the 5K every year that she's actually in the U.S. She improved her time this year over the last couple of years. But she was still beat out by a 77-year-old named Dorothy who has had 2 reconstructive knee surgeries. We can't hold this against K too much because the Dorothy tends to be in the top 25% of the racers. She beats out 25-year-old men.
They did spoil me with some good German food: Schnitzel for lunch and Rouladen for dinner. Rouladen was my request. You should all try it. Or you could try it with some mustard. It's really good stuff.
So we're back in Provo and that's frustrating to me. We were this close to staying for an extra day. But then we were responsible and came home. Oh well.

4 comments:

Myra Bybee said...

I love this photo of K And G! They are so cute!

Cassidy said...

SO cute! It's always so stange to me how much we all look like our kid selves...

Vanessa Swenson said...

I know. When I went this last time, I looked at the picture and thought, Wow, they still do those faces. Then later on that day they both made the same faces. It makes me wonder what things I've been doing the same way for the last 28 years.

just a little bit mo said...

love the Kathy/Gretchen pic.
thanks for the links to the food websites . . . makes me hungry!