Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A few anecdotes

On Friday night we were writing out runner's bibs. I had a couple of bags of Jelly Bellies in my cargo pants pocket. I wanted a juicy bear Jelly Belly, but accidentally grabbed an advil liqui-gel and popped that instead. I crunched it and the gel exploded into my mouth. Oh my laws, it tasted uber nasty. Then my mouth went numb and I had a hard time controlling my lips for a few minutes. It was dang funny.
At church on Sunday I tried to convince Gretchen and Kathy to intro me as their *non-member* roommate. Gretchen refused. But then she proceeded to share her scriptures with me, holding them for me and pointing to where we were on the page. She did the same for the Spencer W Kimball manual. She thinks she's so funny.
Tonight we had a softball game. There was one inning where I couldn't field the ball to save my life. Anyway, one of the outfielders threw me the ball and I tried to get it on the hop. It took a mad leap and went right off of my mitt and hit me on the crown of my nose. It was great. I wandered around the field for a bit after I tossed the ball into the infield. Good thing I don't get nosebleeds. Or bruises. The nice thing is that after I get hurt or dinged I usually play a little bit better. I smacked a nice hit the next inning right into the center fielder's mitt. It was a pretty hit. The center fielder barely had to move.
I had another sandwich.
I can't stop eating LifeSavers Fruit Tarts.
The garden's looking pretty. It's got some sprouts. I'll post a picture.
Those are today's anecdotes.
How many of you think that Portuguese is a weird language? I'm taking a poll.

6 comments:

Cassidy said...

To be honest, I DO think that Portuguese is a weird language. But, I think that is because I took Spanish in high school and so I feel like I should know what people are saying when they are speaking it but that something is just... off.

Vanessa Swenson said...

Gretchen and Kathy also think so. But I think that some of it comes from being haters, they hate on me. But I can see how people, especially the Spanish speakers of the world, could find it odd.

Cassidy said...

The Eavesdroppers blog is HILAROUS! I think that I will start to read it.

Vanessa Swenson said...

yeah, i agree. i totally stumbled on to it. now i check it all of the time, just hoping for more...

Frau Magister said...

Portuguese is a weird language, but then again I think most romance languages are weird.
Of course, the 100 Hour Board, the source of all truth and light, has proposed that Portuguese isn't even a language. So if Portuguese, apparently lacking an army and/or navy, isn't a language, it can't be a weird language.

maggini in tweed said...

Hey! Thanks for linking to us...:D