Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Very important information

We all need to pray very, very hard that the sky clears up tomorrow, at least in the east so that we can see...wait for it...A COMET!!!
Comet Lulin is passing by us. It was discovered a couple of years ago. These pictures show the comet's tail just off of a distant spiral galaxy. This picture shows it even better. "The comet gains its green colour from poisonous cyanogen and diatomic carbon gases in its atmosphere." How cool's that?
Here are some pictures to help you find it.This makes me exceedingly excited.

Here's a helpful video:

2 comments:

rantipoler said...

I heard about this on the news, and I think the most interesting part for me is that it looks like it's going backwards across the universe.

M said...

I'll have to tell Ben....he's the resident sky expert in our house. :-)