Saturday, November 24, 2007

an unintended hiatus

i just haven't blogged in a while. don't know why. (shoulder shrug)
on Monday at the service auction thingie that Sarah and Preston(?) organized, I won the ride in an airplane. that's a pretty cool thing to auction off, eh?
Cindy called me a little bit after i won to tell me that she's addicted to the West Wing. i'm fine with this. she blames me. again, i'm fine with this. but then i told her that i had won a ride in an airplane and she told me that i wasn't allowed to tell her when i would be in the air.

thanksgiving was great. we had a lot of fun at mom's. we watched ocean's 13, which scottie hadn't seen. (!!) ¡Viva Ciudad Juárez! i just love turkey and cranberry sauce.

oh, claire's in town, too. she's very exciting.

i'm sure other things have happened. but i'm really tired and can't remember.
but tomorrow's the BYU-UofU football game. go cougs!!
so there's this thing called the Deseret First Duel which i think is ASININE!!! it's a sponsored rivalry--sponsored!!--between the U and the Y. Deseret First Credit Union is behind this whole thing, it'll be a competition including 12 different sports. honestly, we already have a rivalry, do we need a sponsor? each team from the two schools wants to win, why is there this dumb, manufactured outlying competition that isn't really a competition. do you think the teams are going to work any harder just so the can win the not-at-all-coveted Deseret First Duel?
Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

Dumb.

3 comments:

Cassidy said...

I love that you said that Claire was very exciting. I want someone to say that about me someday. Oh Cassidy's here, she very exciting. What a compliment.
Excellent game last night. Go BYU!

Claire said...

you really did blog about how much you hate the rivalry name

oh and that is a very flattering thing to say about me. I even got my very own line, I'm very flattered.

rantipoler said...

VERY dumb, but I'm glad BYU won.