Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Overheard on the bus

This is what I heard on the bus this morning as a kid was talking on his cell loud and unashamedly:

-Get Chris.
-Get Chris.
-What does Chris do that I do?
-Get Chris.
-I wish I were blazed. Just get Chris.
-Is this Chris?
-Dude, are you buying or selling?
-Cali. Yeah.
-K. Call you later.

Gee. I wonder what was going on? I think he had a lot of guts for doing that in front of everyone. Pretty dumb.

**Addition, blazed means high on marijuana. I looked it up in a slang dictionary, which, if you're feeling adventurous and in the mood to see choice words, can look up yourself. Warned and forewarned.
oh, and the word "forewarned" when you warn someone, don't you usually advise them before something happens? isn't that the idea? then why forewarn. it seems a little redundant, ¿no?

6 comments:

M said...

Did said loud kid have any other *ahem* identifying characteristics? Or is he one of those double-life folks that by all appearance is normal? (those ones are the scary ones to me)

Vanessa Swenson said...

He was sitting behind me and I didn't wanna make the obvious I'm-looking-at-you-to-see-if-you-look-druggie look. But he didn't get off the bus at the UVSC stop and he looked a little bit shaggy. Hot dog?
Anyway, from my glance it looked like he could pass as a normal kid. Which probably means that he could be doing just fine if he didn't do the drugs.

Myra Bybee said...

I love riding buses. It seems you are always surrounded by the most interesting people on buses.

Cassidy said...

Why are you riding the bus?

Vanessa Swenson said...

I'm on the bus still because my car is still on the fritz. But I like riding the bus. Once I get the car back, I'm not totally sure I'll not ride the bus most days. Gas is expensive.

rantipoler said...

Wow, that's brazen. How sad for him.