Saturday, November 3, 2007

Carol Burnett can make everything better?

This weekend very well might be the worst of the year. Yes, we return to Mountain Standard Time. A full hour of my late afternoon/early evening is brutally ripped away. Since time is a rather arbitrary entity, anyway, can't we please just standardize to Daylight Savings and quit with all of these changing stuff. I love how we have about 3 extra weeks now of Daylight Savings due to the bill signed by President Bush in '05. Click on the link and look at the groups of people that supported and opposed this portion of the bill. Who knew that some of these groups would care?! And who knew that some of these groups would actually be groups?!

Today as I was walking up the stairs and one of them must have moved because I sprawled a bit and my milk jug cracked and started to spew milk at its side. It was pretty funny. I salvaged a large portion of my milk, but the stairs and the landings are pretty wet and white right now.

And here I post a clip from the Carol Burnett Show starring the Jackson 5. I do this in honor of Dear assumeundone who now has a nice, new, overdue toothbrush. It makes me oh, so happy.
The absolute best part of this video is the horrific outfits the Jacksons were forced to wear. They are inexplicable. The second-best part of this clip is the minor earthquake a little over 3 minutes into the scene.


Here's a great one that I can't embed.

Here's one that I can:


And one more:

4 comments:

M said...

Wait...we fall back, right? So don't you actually get an extra hour?

Marie said...

Assumeundone appreciates both the toothbrush and the lovely glimpse of 70s-Shakespeare-(think Zefferelli's Romeo and Juliet) meets-Mexico-Jackson 5. I busted up. Thanks for making my day. Someday I will get a blog and post some rather choice quotes from papers as well.

Vanessa Swenson said...

em: yes, we get an extra hour, but i don't think it's worth it.

sra. assumeundone: how about some clips of Roméo et Juliette, en français, quoi!! Just you wait!

Myra Bybee said...

I hate how dark it gets and how my body gets thrown off by daylight savings, but I like that I get off early on Fridays because of it. Oh and Carol Burnett reminds me of my childhood.