Saturday, October 6, 2007

Wedding dresses and rings

Did you know that Target sells cheap wedding dresses? J.Crew has them too? Since I've never really looked at wedding dresses before, and have contemplated wearing a white lavalava instead of a dress, I had no idea the options that are out there. I wasn't doing this for any particular reason, but I hear that girls often like to look at wedding dresses.
Anyway, if you type in "Vanessa's wedding dress" on google images you get this.
But if you type in "Emily's wedding dress" you get this.
Em didn't find this particularly hysterical. I did.

And I can't believe that I'm admitting this to the blog world. But I've actually thought about what kind of ring I would want. I don't like gems at all. I never have. I really like bands and that's all that I'd want, something simple. So you know rose gold? I really like it with white gold. A whole lot actually. I want some type of band with the white and rose gold together, maybe have the two tones meet in the middle of the band, with colors something like this, only for girls.
Oh, man alive, this is getting too complicated for me. How about this? Simple.

Wait, someone explain to me why I blogged about this?

9 comments:

emily said...

we should also mention that last week you bought not one, but two pairs of dress shoes--with heels!

emily said...

simple rings are nice, but you might like this too. these guys use recycled metals and lab-created gems so you can see why i am intrigued by their offerings. guess which one is my favorite?

Erika said...

I think you left out a very important option. I thought you would appreciate a ring that would always remind you that your marriage will live long and prosper. http://www.bridalwave.tv/flick%20ring.jpg

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
I'm glad you happened to find a ring I've made (the white and rose gold band) that helped you in your design thoughts! If you're interested in talking about making up a custom piece just for you, please let me know - that's what I do! :) Oh, and you might check out www.greenlakejewelry.com for ideas, too - that's where I work when I'm not doing my own pieces.
Cheers,
Aaron
www.aaronbarr.com

emily said...

if it's a non-traditional dress you're looking for, how about this?

Myra Bybee said...

oh wow! I never thought of you as the type to write a blog about wedding rings and dresses! But I love that you did!I think every girl has thought a little bit about the ring she wants!

just a little bit mo said...

bwah-hah-freakin'-hah! I thought for a moment Megan Snoderly or perhaps some other former now-married roommate had got hold of your computer for a minute there . . . love ya, kiddo!

Lydia and Josh said...

i think every girl has thought about what kind of wedding ring they want. i also like rose gold. and no gems. i want to come visit you in you're new place.

rantipoler said...

Both of those dresses are hilariously awesome. I like this ring: http://www.greenkarat.com/detail.asp?product_id=RCG011