Thursday, October 4, 2007

I feel like I've done something other than complain

Senator Hatch from Utah voted in favor of CHIP (Children's Health Insurance Program). I was very happy to see that. But Senator Bennett and Representative Cannon voted against the bill that was just vetoed by the President.
It made me frustrated because I think that making sure than children are insured is worth my tax dollars--even if it means that I pay higher taxes. So I complained to Emily and got all in a fuss over it.
Then I saw an article saying that Senator Hatch voted "Aye." So I emailed him a thank-you note. Then I decided to email Senator Bennett and Rep. Cannon asking them to vote in favor of further legislation that would give children better health care.
I feel like I've done something more than complain. I feel a lot better now that I've acted and not just shot off my mouth.

No comments: