Monday, June 18, 2007

Threats and more threats



Gretchen is nice. Don't we all know this? I mean she looks nice and all.
But here's the thing. She has a sinister side. This side is involves a friend named Victor. Victor goes against me all the time. In fact, Gretchen whips him at, and even threatens me with him.
Victor is her pocket knife. He's a 4-inch blade from Switzerland. Sometimes to annoy Gretch, I call him Vicky. It's not the smartest idea. But he's very handy. He's been used for lots of things. But it seems that most often he's being used to get me to do things. Often this knife wielding involves words like, "Don't make Victor mad, Venom." Or, "Venom, Victor isn't happy with you right now." Or even the more straightforward, "Venom, I carry a 4-inch blade." Here's a picture of Victor:




Yes, I cower. Okay, so sometimes I put up a tough front. But the truth is, I always acquiesce. I mean wouldn't you? What if she were looking at you like this?













Or this?

Wouldn't you do what she says. I think I'm living on the wild side when I just say no to her. It's my new-found braggadocio.
But don't get me wrong, Gretchen has also used this knife in my favor. She makes salsa with it. She's threatened Elder's Quorum Presidents before to make sure that we got to keep our same home teacher.
But I like Victor. Gretchen tells me that I have to.

8 comments:

just a little bit mo said...

Yay for Victor! I love that Gretchen. Let's play tennis, by the way, this Tuesday.

Frau Magister said...

I certainly do whatever I can to keep Victor happy. He likes French cheese, and that usually can keep him occupied. Although, if you want to make him really mad you could probably call him Wengi.

Cassidy said...

Those pictures of her are priceless!

Will said...

Sorry Venom, but Grechy always looks at me like that... I think it means she likes me!

Brandon said...

So I'm confused, when Gretchen brings Victor out, is it a sign of love or a sign of hate? If I've never seen Victor, is that a bad thing or a good thing?

P.S. You should link to my site ^_~

Myra Bybee said...

Ha ha ha I love it! I love victor! And I love Gretchen! Great pics!

Lydia and Josh said...

I'd like to have Victor on my side in a fight.

Erika said...

My favorite memory of Victor is watching him so carefully peel apples in the living room. I love, love, love Gretchin!