Wednesday, June 20, 2007

It's the end of the world...in 2004

I woke up this morning because I had to, not because I was feeling rested. I was somewhat dazed. I checked the news fast like I always do and for some reason thought that the year was 2004. I had read an article about Mayor Bloomberg of New York leaving the Republican party that he switched to in 2001 to win the mayoral election and how he was now leaving the GOP to be an independent. I thought, "Huh, after only three years, weird. To run for president, he didn't even have to announce that until 2007" I went about my morning still half asleep. In the shower I thought to myself, "Wow, 2007 seems so far away. The elections will be gearing up." That's when I stopped myself and tried to figure out what year it really was. Yes, as you all know, it is 2007 right now. I'm groggy, but I'm usually not that groggy.

"It's the end of the world." That's what Kathy says when you leave the country. So it's my end of world time now. I'm leaving the country. My flight out of SLC is at 7:15 in the A.M. No, I am not happy about this. But once I'm in Portugal, I don't think I'll really care.
So farewell my friends and family. Wish me well at this, the end of my world. Next time I blog, I'll most likely be somewhere around here. Check out my Europe blog. You never know, I might be able to convince Clark to let me go to an internet café every once in a while to post.

1 comment:

Amy Bainbridge said...

Wow, time warp! 2004 was quite a few days ago. I hope you get caught up soon, it's pretty cool here in 2007. Oh, I'm jealous you are in Portugal by the way. Take good pictures!