Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Oh, so many stories to tell

If you haven't taken the poll yet, give it a go. Thanks! :D

My friends, Libby is dead. Yes, my dear Libby has a cracked radiator, needs a new water pump, the clutch is gone and she needs new brake pads. All told, we're looking at at least $1800. Ouch. I paid $2200 for her. I don't know if it's worth the $1800. (insert crying and blubbering) I love Libby, she's been a good car. I don't know what to do...I mean this is the car that Bepa learned to drive stick in--which was quite the spiritual lesson. Maybe I should post what I learned. I'll do that later this week. I'm getting all sentimental and sappy over my car. I heart Libby.

I had loads of fun last Friday night cleaning the bathrooms and kitchen. Really, I probably shouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I did. But I put the Diane Rehm Show podcast on the iPod, and scrubbed away. The stupid thing is Steve grouted our shower without bleaching the walls, so there's mold under the grout that I can't get to. So frustrating. But it looks better.
Saturday morning I went and saw the third installment of Pirates, which was okay. I hate the first movie, liked the second, and liked the third until the laboriously long and tedious ending. Fight, fight, fight, nothing important happening, fight, fight, fight, tie up loose ends, create more loose ends, open door to obvious 4th movie. Meh, whatever.
But then on Saturday night I went to the Mason Jennings concert with MO, Lydia and her mission friend Bri. It was AWESOME. If you don't know Mason Jennings, click on the link. I love his music. You can stream some excerpts of his latest album on his website. The player's at the top. It was an hour and thirty-five minutes of bliss, I tell you what. I also got this snazzy shirt. I love his music because he's a story teller. He takes snippets of life and encapsulates them into his music, portraying the situation for what it is, without anything flowery. He's also great at orchestrating his lyrics; the music's always perfect. Props to Dan for introing me to Mason Jennings last summer on study abroad. I've now got like 174 songs. Ahhh, Mason Jennings, how I love your minstrel musings!
We made bank in honey pot notes on Sunday night. We've been writing many scandalous ones feigning that we're other people, or just faux hitting on guys on the ward with excessively sappy notes. We've gotten some doozies in return. Maybe I'll post a few later on for you to read and enjoy. I wish that I had the ones that we've sent out. They're racy ;)

AND I got to play softball tonight, AND we won so we get to keep playing in tournament. So here we go, game on Thursday. WAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Thesis is coming along I guess. But if anyone knows the best way to transcribe a prepalatal affricate to show that there is only minimal fricative representation, I would really appreciate it. I'm having a rough go.


Oh! And Kyla (our neighbor and friend for the last 15 years since she was in high school) just had her 7th kid last week. Her name is Averi, and she's adorable.
And here she is with her sister, Hannah.

5 comments:

Cassidy said...

Did you say 7th?!?! 7TH!!!! Holy moly. Now, I have never heard Mason Jennings before (unless he happens to be on those cd's you made for me) but I will have to give him a listen.
Also, I love, love, love writing scandalous honey pot notes!

Vanessa Swenson said...

7 is NOTHING. she comes from a family of 16. And this is her 4th baby while on the pill. Her sisters are having kids at this rate, too. It's like they feel that they're solely responsible for multiplying and replenishing the earth.

Cassidy said...

Yuck, yuck, yuck. I'm thinking 2 maybe 3! :)

Erika said...

Poor Libby. She has done so much for me! If it wasn't for her I wouldn't have ever gone to Compton or inner-city Vegas. I would have never had my life threatened by a 9-year-old or live in fear of cockroaches. Wait a second...IT'S ALL HER FAULT. I guess this car will continue to teach me lessons.

Heather said...

Softball?! Did I hear Softball!!!???!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE SOFTBALL!!
Luv,
Heather (one who does not have seven kids . . . only three)
How in the WORLD ARE YOU!!!