Wednesday, June 13, 2007

25 loves and hates

As per Cassidy's post today, I decided to follow her admonition and am posting my 25 loves and hates.

25 Loves
1-Learning new languages
2-Politics
3-Baseball and Softball (You ever smelled a mitt while standing in the field waiting for the pitcher to get ready? It's like a slice of Heaven)
4-Technology
5-Making movies
6-News Podcasts
7-Brazil
8-Our nightly scripture ritual as roommates
9-Teaching Portuguese
10-Talking with friends for hours on end about serious things or laughing myself sick in the process
11-The West Wing
12-Harry Potter, especially in random languages
13-MUSIC!!!!
14-Wearing a watch
15-Learning something new and then sitting around and thinking about it
16-Carbonation
17-Eating beans and rice
18-Playing the guitar, or any instrument for that matter
19-Blogging and journaling
20-Reading, especially Chaim Potok
21-Road Trips
22-Corn Nuts and pumpkin seeds on road trips (I took some with me to Brazil so that 8 weeks later I would have some while driving around the country)
23-Staying up late at night with Scottie watching documentaries and eating Otter Pops
24-Babysitting Nora
25-Having excessive amounts of gum surrounding me

25 Hates
1-Badly parked cars
2-Peas
3-Olives
4-A lack of civic dialogue
5-People who are mean and don't care that they are
6-The end of a softball game :'(
7-Allergies
8-Reality TV
9-Snobby, pretentious democrats
10-Self-righteous republicans
11-Boys without courage to ask the right girl out
12-Girls who turn down boys b/c of their earning potential
13-Sports dynasties
14-Toby Keith's music
15-Mornings
16-Black shirt, navy pants, white shoes--at the same time.
17-Italy's national soccer team
18-Shrimp
19-Peanut butter and chocolate together. This is nefarious, gross and wrong.
20-I second Cassidy's #12: Nancy Grace
21-The glorification of gratuitous sex, brutal violence and life-destroying drug doing in rap. (But not the genre as a whole)
22-The fact that my shaving my head would be very socially unacceptable. Don't you ever have days when you want to?
23-Not having the courage to do what I need to do, or at least the trust in myself to do it.
24-All of the bad movies that Hollywood makes: stupid, gross, vulgar, dumbed-down, thoughtless, mean, etc. movies
25-Not having a car that works

What about you guys? Cassidy's already posted, so now it's your turn. What did I forget about. Can you prove me wrong on any of these.

6 comments:

FoxyJ said...

You need to switch olives and carbonation. Of course, maybe I could do that on my list...

Lydia and Josh said...

This post made me laugh hard and it gave me something to think about. I'll be compiling my list now. I agree with several and I'm indifferent about a few. Especially #11 on your hates.

Cassidy said...

I LOVE peanut butter and chocolate together. I freaking HATE Nancy Grace.

Cassidy said...

PS I LOVE otterpops!

Myra Bybee said...

These lists are quite insightful! I do enjoy reading them. And I love making movies too!

just a little bit mo said...

The one about mean people surprised me. I thought we both loved mean people. Also, you hate movies. I would add that on as #26.