Monday, August 3, 2009

The _REAL_ Hannah Montana

Sometimes my dreams might as well be movies. A few weeks ago I had an especially intriguing dream. Frankly it was extremely important as the temporal salvation of this Earth goes. I think it might be time to let you all in on it:

I was at a hotel outside of L.A. with a friend (*whose identity many of you know, but I can't reveal for reasons later explained). A bit after we'd checked in, say 3pm-ish, we find out that the Chinese premier is in town and will be giving a big speech the next day. To do this, he's been mostly left alone by member of his cabinet. Well, Friend and I decide that it's time for an intervention. It's been 20 years since Tiananmen, but human rights reformations are still lagging. Also, really, Taiwan should just be allowed to be its own country. Friend and I go in and talk to Mr. Wen Jibao, using impassioned and factual arguments from the hotel's library (my kinda hotel [ok, there were more books than Gideon's Bible]) and the internet on my cell phone. We are making some headway, but the cabinet members are starting to get worried and are coming up the stairs. Friend and I decide to leave.

It's now late and very dark. Friend and I are both hungry so we go find someplace to eat. I plug my cell into the car since the battery is nearly dead. I go in to let the host know that we need a table for 2, while Friend goes on a quick errand. Unbeknownst to me, a couple of people (your regular plot antagonists) recognize me and Friend, who is driving away. They suspect that we will play an important role in the future salvation of the world. They sit at a place in the restaurant where they can spy on me. I realize that there's something drastically wrong and try to discretely exit the place. They follow; I run, unable to alert Friend, b/c I don't have my cell.
DRAT!!
I'm almost run over by Antagonists, who are dressed in too-stylish jeans and too-expensive T-shirts. I swerve to avoid their attack, and at that very moment Friend appears. I dive into the back seat of the small SUV she's driving and we're able to get away.
PHEW.

Later we're talking, realizing that things are getting to the point that people, especially the wrong sort, are going to continue to suspect that Friend plays an important role in the Earth's future salvation. We wonder if it's time for her to reveal her true self. She somberly looks at me and responds, "No. No, the Earth is not yet ready for the truth. Soon, perhaps, they will be and it will be time for me to reveal my true self. But now I must still remain in the shadows, performing the deeds that my title and gifts endow me the ability to accomplish. I am fine allowing another to claim the glory for the time being. One day the truth will be known; Earth will be set free."

What, you might ask, is Friend's truth? She's the real Hannah Montana.

_________________________________________

So now you see why I couldn't reveal Friend's current name. Although, there might come a point, perhaps soon, when she decides to reveal herself to Earth. I'll keep you in the loop.
And who knew that Hannah Montana was endowed with such great powers?

3 comments:

M said...

I love your posts. Especially the add-ins. They quite frequently send both me and Ben into much-needed and otherwise inaccessible conniptions (the hysteria definition, not the rage one). ;-)

As a side note, I've been quite pleased that none of the teenage girls in my family (we're a big clan of women, so there are lots) have given in to the skinny jeans yuckiness. Hooray for them!

Vanessa Swenson said...

=P
thanks. I'm glad someone enjoys the goofy things I find as much as I do.
Tell Ben I said "wadup!" and tell Bee that I'm looking around for some baby pockets. If any place is going to have something like that, it'll be Utah.

rantipoler said...

What on earth?! And what is a baby pocket? A pocket for babies to keep stuff in or a pocket to keep a baby in?