Friday, August 14, 2009

It finally happened/Hair cut/Poll

So I just graduated this morning. I'm at work right now because I've got a lot to do. So instead of doing my job, I'm blogging fast. That's okay.
Here are my announcements, in case you have seen the lovely camera/computer work of Brian and Julie Rae:
First, the real one that we sent out:
Next, this is the goofy pictured one that we decided to make into a prank one to send to my dad. We sent the real one a couple days after. He didn't even say anything. What a party pooper.
Finally, this last one takes a bit of explaining. For my first Halloween my mom and dad dressed me as a ballerina. My mom even made the tutu. My dad had high hopes that he'd have a daughter who'd love ballet and would be all refined-like. Instead he got a baseball-loving, head-strong, ballet-hating tom boy. So this announcement is in honor of my first Halloween. If you look at the little picture in the middle, you'll see that even at 7 1/2 months I was completely hating on the idea.

So, the feminine of Master is Mistress. Do you think it's a bit too crazy if I go by "Mistress Venom?"

**I'll post other pictures from the graduation later on and talk about it laters.**


So I got a hair cut yesterday just in time for graduation. I'll show you front and back. Then you can vote on the poll.


Please vote in the poll at your right.

11 comments:

Beth schell said...

Haut... hmm.... I'll have to use a dictionary for that one. I'm obviously no academic. Parabens! Tu te formaste, em fim. Agora, quais sao teus planos para o futuro?

Hoje a noite vamos ao jogo de Red Sox e Texas Rangers. Tens ciumes? Don't. It's hotter than Hades in Dallas.

Vanessa Swenson said...

just channel Paris Hilton for hawtness.

Sim, finalmente me formei. Foi um milagre. Meus planos do futuro são vagos. Mas agora mesmo vou ensinar uma aula na UV(SC)U e ainda tenho o outro trabalho no Distance Ed.

Tenho ciúmes pra caramba. Vc sabe, amo beisebol de montão. E amo o calor também. 96º é perfeição.

M said...

I LOVE you in a tutu. Bee is starting ballet lessons. Funny, I never thought I'd have a daughter that did that!

Oh, and I think Mistress Venom would be hilarious.

Vanessa Swenson said...

Maybe I'll require my students to call me that. Could you imagine?

And I can totally see Bee in ballet lessons. She's going to have fun spinning around and jumping. I'm excited to see pictures!

rantipoler said...

I really liking the haircut, but just like Em I'm LOVING your tutu picture. Ha!!

Marie said...

Congratulations on graduation! The haircut is very vogue.

Vanessa Swenson said...

i should've added "vogue" to the list of possibilities on the poll. and "seductive" is getting the shaft.

Sahara said...

i want a tutu announcement!

Vanessa Swenson said...

a te darò un annuncio. credo di avere ancora uno.

Marie said...

you mentioned baseball in this post, so I thought i would comment here though it has nothing to do with graduation (although maybe you'll have to get it for a graduation present). I just saw the new edition DVD of Field of Dreams. It says it has cool trivia about baseball and stadiums and such. Barring the facts that you might hate the movie or that you know all the trivia already, I thought you might enjoy it. I wonder if blockbuster or such has it.

Vanessa Swenson said...

Hey Marie
I love that movie. I'll have to check out the new release. Trivia's the bomb.