Friday, July 3, 2009

Laurel murmured at breakfast this morning

Laurel complained that I hadn't had a poll in a while, so there are a few up now.
My mom's curious about the eggs.

What else do people regularly BBQ that I didn't put on the poll?



When I was a kid, like in kindergarten, I started to have this idea that the vowels a, o and u were girl vowels and e and i were boy vowels. I have no idea where it came from, but it's still like this innate idea that I have, even though the vowels o and u in Portuguese turn a word masculine.

9 comments:

sallysue said...

There, I exercised my right to vote. Yay!

Here's a randomness about language:

I've been invited to a Cookout tomorrow. Not a BBQ. BBQ is what you eat down here. whatever.

Marie said...

Veggie burgers
S'mores? We do them on the grill:)
I love eggs!

Jeremy & Andrea said...

A is the best vowel for obvious reasons.

Jenn said...

I really wish the vowel poll had been done phonetically. I mean, I just can't answer with it being all ambiguous like it is now. :)

emily said...

All my answers are write-ins:

Favorite thing to BBQ: pineapple glazed w/ honey

Favorite vowel: รถ

Favorite Harry Potter book: Harry Potter and the Run-In with Lordgy Voldgymortchy in Ipanema

Favorite way to eat eggs: hidden in baked goods

Plus: you know why they only eat one egg for breakfast in France? (@1:00)

Vanessa Swenson said...

Jenn,
Good point. I should've specified that I'm going for the superficial here. It's all about the looks.
Maybe I will do one about favorite allophones. I'll keep it in mind.

Vanessa Swenson said...

Em,
Bwahahahahahahahaha

Vanessa Swenson said...

Veggie Burgers, S'mores and pineapple. Man, I forgot tons.
Maybe we'll have to do a favorite fruit BBQ (cookout?) poll.

rantipoler said...

Pineapple. Mmmmmm . . .