Monday, June 22, 2009

My new favorite fear is




I don't personally suffer from this fear, but I think it has an awesome name.



The beast number [stupid name] has several interesting properties which numerologists may find particularly interesting (Keith 1982-83). In particular, the beast number is equal to the sum of the squares of the first 7 primes

 2^2+3^2+5^2+7^2+11^2+13^2+17^2=666,
(1)

and satisfies the identity

 phi(666)=6·6·6,


Oh, and it seems that the number might've actually been 616, not 666, based on better information that we have now and translatable documents.
Anyway we go about it, I don't think it has anything to do with a microchip implant.

3 comments:

Mena said...

So my phone number has 666 in it and I always get comments. Good times!

Vanessa Swenson said...

At least now you can describe the horror you feel :P

Cindy said...

Clearly you have too much time on your hands!