Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Melted Hose

So I like barbecuing. When I'm barbecuing I tend to lose focus on other things. A couple of Sundays ago I lost track of what I was doing and stowed some hot charcoals in a metal bowl, which was strategically right on top of the long hose.

Smart, no?

Well, to water the back yard, we need the long hose. So I set to work putting the hose back together. Our neighbor Cayd helped me while I used his dad's cutter.



After we got it cut, I started attaching the new ends to the hose, essentially turning 1 hose into 2:


Here's the finished product with the old, melted bits that I cut off in the background:


I had a lot of fun fixing my idiotic mistake. Stuff like this is fun and the fix only cost me something like $4. Pretty good compared to a new hose which was $25.

And if there's any doubt that Cayd is the cutest kid ever:

5 comments:

Rachel A. said...

Way to go! I didn't even know you could do that. He is a pretty cute kid.

Sahara said...

that is ridiculously impressive.

Vanessa Swenson said...

what, melting it? or attaching plastic bits?

Hi Rachel. How you doing? You're fleeing the country, I hear.

Jared Blanco said...

And I thought that this was a post about pantyhose.

I second whoever said that this is quite impressive. I can barely change the oil for my car by myself.

Vanessa Swenson said...

Pantyhose? My head rocked back with laughter.