Saturday, June 13, 2009

Enigmatic Posts Early in the Morning, Probably my Future Downfall...

Now it's 4am and I just woke up after having fallen asleep at like 9pm. So now I'm trying to convince my body that it's okay to sleep until at least 7am. I don't know if it's going to work. I was just thinking about how enigmatic my last post was, like what could spur on some crazy rant at 530am.
A long while back I had this crazy meal with some friends of a friend, anyway, to make what would be a long story short, I left said meal shocked at what these people were saying and professing, that somehow it was Bible truth. I mean, sometimes it was the opposite of what was in the Bible. I felt like standing on the table and screaming REPUBLICANS ARE NOT SATAN'S MINIONS ON THE EARTH. I was so frustrated. I mean, seriously, do these people think that my conservative-minded friends sit around all day trying to come up with ways to destroy lives? After that frustrating conversation, I think these people just might think that. And what really scalded me was that the whole time they were mocking and twisting and falsifying, it was under the banner of Christianity. oooooooo it chapped my hide.

I think when I'm annoyed that I'm awakened at a weird hour of the morning, I ruminate on unfortunate experiences. So, I'm thinking that this whole blogging between the hours of 3am-8am just shouldn't be in my playbook.

I guess, obviously, that I should just let that experience go--just like I should let the '98 Finals go, too. We'll see.


Oh, and sometimes when I think of that conversation, I always end up thinking about those silly silent movies where the damsel in distress is tied to the train tracks. I wish I had a copy of the 73rd Ward video to post. But this video, for lack of one from the 1910s, shows what's going on in my mind:

5 comments:

Marie said...

The video was hilarious, definitely cause for more enigmatic late-night posts, even if they do involve politics. It is true how smashingly unpopular it is to be a republican in certain circles, even as they claim tolerance.

emily said...

chapped my hide? Your archaic expressions never fail to disappoint!

And my favorite part in the video was the line "No one can hear you scream!" which is true, 'cause it's a silent film. How witty.

emily said...

Oh whoops, I'm a moron.

What I meant was they never fail to surprise me, and they never disappoint.

Grool.

Vanessa Swenson said...

chapped my hide is archaic?
i'm so old skool.

just a little bit mo said...

Are you kidding me? You should always post between the hours of 3 and 8 in the morning. It's good for your blog-reading public. And, for the record, I still haven't let go of the '98 Finals either. Sad, isn't it?