Sunday, April 19, 2009

Unbelievable Outer Planetary Beauty

As I have well documented before on this blog, I'm rather obsessed with the heavens. Looking at the stars is one of my favorite things.
Yesterday the Da from from Dája Creations (which is cool in and of itself [it's said [dɑʒɑ]]) told me about this website called Ted. I watched this amazing video about Saturn and our recent-ish visit to it via Cassini. I'm going to embed the video that I watched because it is absolutely, mind-blowingly amazing.


I'm also going to post a couple of pictures, the ones that Carolyn Porco showed at the end of the presentation.

And earth can be seen to the upper left of the main set of inner rings.

I don't really know how to describe this, but when I see amazing pictures like this, I'm reminded that Heavenly Father loves me/us. I don't know how to explain it, but there it is.

1 comment:

rantipoler said...

That is pretty darn fabulous and fascinating, although I can't make out Earth in that second picture. Ever get the feeling that someone was practicing before creating our world? :P

I chose Mars in your poll because of Ray Bradbury's enormous influence over my imagination (The Martian Chronicles).

By the way, I love how she says yuman (human) and arigins (origins).

And as a parting thought, sometimes when I look at pictures of space my insignificance frightens me.