Monday, October 13, 2008

Shout out to Sarah, again! and some less interesting stuff

Happy Columbus Day. Shout out to Sarah and her Leif shirt. Oh, and I should probably give a shout out to Leif Ericson, too. This is a darn cool map.
Oh, speaking of Old Norse, does anyone else think that if the Dwarves from Lord of the Rings were around, they'd be speaking a language that looked like this? Or this? ("In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.")
So cool, seriously a nifty, barely comprehensible language, Old Norse.


*Columbus monument at the pier in Barcelona. He's pointing west, which is toward the land because of where Barcelona is in Iberia.



There's also a lot of blah blah blah going around about taxes. Both of them are set to give a tax cut to people like you and me. Well, I say you and me, because I don't think I know anyone who reads this blog who makes a half a million.
Here's a basic breakdown of the tax relief from the candidates.
Make of that what you will.
If I find any more info, I might post it.

3 comments:

Sahara said...

Vanessa, I decided that you know more "less interesting stuff" than anybody I know. You are the Queen of Less Interesting Stuff.

Frau Magister said...

Can you guess which state was the first to celebrate Leif Erickson Day?

Vanessa Swenson said...

Wendy, I don't think I know nearly as much less interesting stuff as other people. I just obsessively blog about it.

Sarah: Wikipedia says...WISCONSIN!