Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Injustice Visited upon Gov Palin

Governor Palin has been extremely mishandled by the McCain campaign. She's so much smarter than she's appeared because of all of the talking points they're throwing at her. She seems almost ditsy or uninformed. It bothers me that they've done this to her. I think it does, in a way, force women in politics back a few steps. They pulled her out of Alaska with little warning, then hid her from interviews and the press shoving information down her throat, then set her off to the dogs.
I may disagree fundamentally with a large portion of her politics, but it seriously drives me crazy what they've done to her and how she's become a political punch bag making the SNL skits way too easy.

But tonight at the debate she's gonna come up with some good zingers. She's got a lot of talent for saying little phrases that stick. She's short on the substance though and she'll avoid topics she doesn't like.
Sen Biden, however, will go all over the topic, and make you wonder what the topic is.

It'll be a fun debate.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Hey, what did you think? I was in and out of the debate because Marcus was going back and forth from that to the Utah v. Oregon game. ANyway. I think they both did a good job. Palin didn't look like an idiot (which she tends to do) and I felt like both of them handled the questions really well. I don't think that this will change the vote at all. Obama still has it -- according to my own prediction. I dont see how McCain has a chance. But, the debate was well done I thought.

Vanessa Swenson said...

There were parts that I really enjoyed, when the candidates connected with the audience and viewers. To be honest, that's what a VP debate is all about.
Biden performed a bit better than I thought he would and Gov Palin did as well as I expected she would--she's a good debater.

I preferred the parts that talked about policy, because I am a huge policy wonk. Gov Palin avoided things left and right. That's an interesting tactic. She couldn't talk about regulation, because McCain deregulated. But I think it probably annoyed some middle ground independents. But she beat energy to death.

But that Utah v Oregon St game was AWESOME. The MWC has totally whooped up on the Pac-10 this year. The Utes beat the team that beat the #1 in the nation! Oh, this is so beautiful. If BYU can go into SLC and beat the Utes the last game of the year...(squeal!!!)

And I agree with you, Obama's gonna win. Right now I have Obama at 311 electoral votes and McCain with 227.
Obama: New Mexico, Ohio, Iowa, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Florida, Pennsylvania
McCain: Colorado, Nevada, Indiana, Virginia, North Carolina, Missouri, Montana.