Tuesday, October 7, 2008

phhhbblltph debate, more 80s

Did anyone else absolutely hate tonight's debate? It was just dumb. Brokaw was driving me crazy, too. I want Gwen Ifill, she's the best moderator out of all of them.

But since the debate was thoroughly annoying, onto more fun things from the 80s that we want back:
**Special for Marie found below**
American Gladiators--hey it started in '89. "Visually interesting"

The Delorean.

Perfect Strangers.


Arby's 5 for 5 deal


Michael Jordan dunking.


Fun Christmas Movies.

My afro?

Excellent Star Trek Movies.



KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!

Hot French Captains.


Nintendo, the original NES.

John McCain thinks that Ronald Reagan and Tip O'Neill need to get back together.


Mary Lou Retton



This is just for Marie, since she thinks The Edge is the beanie god.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Vanessa! You are soooo cute. I love the hair and I love you!

Marie said...

You found some totally awesome pictures of the Edge, and you may, by all means, keep an eye out for his double.
Is it just me or do people not get that excited about winning the Olympics anymore? I had a Mary Lou Retton look alike uniform for my gymnastics class. I remember the dance of joy as well. Good ol' Friday night fun with Full House and Family Matters.

David said...

I fully support Star Trek movies. and beanies.

rantipoler said...

First of all, Mary Lou Retton was my HERO and I even had a Wheaties poster of her up in my room (which I still have). Secondly, yes, the debate was extremely lame, but did you see SNL's version of it today? Hilarious!

Vanessa Swenson said...

Jenny, I wonder sometimes if the afro will come back when I'm a grandma. If it does, I will include bell bottoms, I promise.

Marie, I'm glad you enjoyed your shout out.

David, I'm hearing good things about the next Star Trek movie. I'm trying to contain my excitement, but it's getting hard.

A-L, SNL's debates are more informative half the time than the actual arduous 90 minutes.