Sunday, October 26, 2008

Saturday

Anyone else nervous about BYU's football team? What's happened to them? They used to play like a well-oiled machine and now they're playing haphazard and their defense makes me wanna go crazy. I'm struggling with the knowledge that'd it'd be better for the U to go undefeated this year (beating BYU) and making it to a BCS game. I might have to do a Megan Neeley and pray about the game.
(She's home on Thursday!!!!)

The TB Rays lost tonight to the Phillies. This makes me sad.

I hit the wall today in thesis writing. Today was more like the camel through the needle syndrome.

I saw the 4th Indiana Jones this weekend for the first time. I ended up rolling my eyes at various moments, fastforwarding at others and then simply freaking out about this:
IguaƧu Falls is NOT in the Amazon. I know this doesn't really matter a whole lot, because they were stupid enough to bring in aliens, thus unwisely destroying the believability of the show (yes, I totally believe the others are possible). But seriously! They're thousands of miles from each other.

Sign that Sarah Palin is mailing it in, not believing the ticket can win, and setting herself up for later political and television opportunities.

But, honestly, they should have had a better feel for her politics before they tapped her out of nearly nowhere. Then they should've let her talk to people rather than muzzling her, just making sure that she doesn't stray too far off the reservation.
Speaking of, wouldn't it have been nice to have a campaign where McCain was also McCain?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

aiaiai, Vanessa, you a so wise. Thanks for your comment. We are very excited about our news, and we MISS being out there!!! Diana told me about your extremely helpful emails, and I just smiled and missed you more. Don't let your thesis get the best of you and keep Provo hoppin' for me. :)

M said...

Ha ha, when we were watching the new Indiana Jones movie I said to Ben "Oh, they're not gonna send them over Iguazu....they're not....oh, they just did. Bleah." Hilarious what they can get away with because we silly Americans don't know anything about geography. :-)

Thesis writing stinks. You'll live through it because you're cool...but if I were in Utah I'd totally bring you some food or something to provide adequate distraction.

rantipoler said...

STUPID TAMPA!!! Hmph. Stupid misplaced Brazilian geography. Hmph. You know, for a while there they were saying that "nuke the fridge" just might replace "jump the shark." Dunno.