Thursday, March 6, 2008

Meet Macey the Baramobile

Last Saturday was a great day for me. I got my new car: a 2002 Mazda Protegé. She's a beauty.



Here's a nice picture of her for you to enjoy. She's nice and silver. Most importantly she's not white. And second most importantly she's not an ugly, tricked-out yellow. Man, that's was like the worst test drive ever, that yellow car.

And here's a picture from the sun roof looking down. mmmmm sun roof
Also, notice the stick shift. That was another must. I love stick shifts.




And here's Macey's backside. Those would be some lovely tinted windows, a nice perk that the previous owner added.




Some of you might be wondering about her name. Well Anah and I used to hop into Libby and go to Macey's and get food to experiment with. Well Anah's pregnant and upon Libby's demise, she suggested to Terry that they name the baby some variation of Macey Libby (Elizabeth). Well Terry was so persnickety about the idea, "Anah! We're not naming our baby after a grocery store and a car!" I told Anah that my next car would be Macey.
The whole Baramobile thing is Emily's doing. She really shouldn't suggest such things, I'll do them. It's just for the time being, the whole Baramobile thing. But it comes from this.

Anywho, welcome to my world, Macey. You're the bomb.

3 comments:

emily said...

the best thing about macey? you can open the passenger door from the inside without having to roll down the window. hooray!

and i guess with a name like mine, you're bound to have some quasi-famous namesakes. remember miss emily davis in to kill a mockingbird? the one who dipped snuff? yeah. well maybe she was just a maté drinker but the neighbors didn't get it.

Myra Bybee said...

I like that Macey is gray. heh heh....

Vanessa Swenson said...

hah, Myra! Hadn't noticed. But, I Try.

Yeah, Em, but these windows are power windows, so it'd be more fun.