Friday, March 21, 2008

A spy internacionale

I'm pretty sure that my roommate's an international spy.
She keeps the oddest hours and they're never--never--consistent. She comes home at all hours of the night. Sometimes she stops by during the day. It's really impossible to tell when she's going to be in OM #331.
Another thing about her stays at the apartment, not only are they brief, but they're also rare. We can go for days without seeing or hearing from her. I think the most I ever went was 8 days, maybe longer. What was she doing during those days when she never appeared home? She's supposedly going to English classes at BYU's ELC. How can she just miss a week's class at a time? What's she doing during these long forays away from Provo? Hmmmm...fishy.
In the early morning hours I can hear her talking in Korean. Who is she talking to at 3am? Her family? Maybe. But I think she's actually talking to her contacts at the Agency for National Security Planning, or the KCIA, as it's often called.

I'm keeping my eye out for any possible hints or signs that she's going to start a subversive takeover of Provo city's gov't. ---Which could be a good idea??

6 comments:

M said...

Oh, dear. Maybe Ben's Korean skills will be helpful in your deciphering her behavior....

I didn't know of other roomies than Emily...shows you how out of it I am. :-)

Brock Krainik said...

You're such a nerd...and I love it! I was laughing when I read this. If anything you should have a video of Odd Job and not James Bond, it would match her better. Short and asian, with a skill at killing people with top hots.

Anonymous said...

I am very interested in the fact that 3 people claim to not have belly buttons.

Vanessa Swenson said...

¿Odd Job? ¿What's Odd Job?


Remember, Laurel, that one of these 3 un-belly-buttoned people is very pregnant. The other two? I dunno, maybe they're other pregnant friends...although I do have some friends who would mark "no" just to do it...

And, Em, ask Ben if Koreans are so prone to keeping the bizarrest of bizarre hours. I know they're hard working, but 4 days without sleep--or even a shower--really??

emily said...

Well, she does tend to shower before AND after sleeping, so maybe she's just storing up hygiene for the next several days.

Speaking of which, just how many days are in a typical furlong?

I think I average about two weeks between spy-roommate sightings.

And Brock, Vanessa, this is for you.

M said...

Ben says that's weird, not Korean-y. :-)