Sunday, January 20, 2008

scandalous questions

On Thursday night we had an activity with our ward where some "life experts" came and answered questions that we had, like normal dating stuff and how to prepare ourselves for our lives and stuff. It was a fun night, but in preparation Emily and I came up with some possible questions to grandiose problems. I thought I'd give you a sampling:

I shower daily, but I still have an unpleasant body odor. I think this is why I'm not married. What can I do?

How can I reconcile my belief in Kabbalah and its mystical control of my destiny with my belief in the LDS faith?

Cannibalism. Why not?

What if it didn't stay in Vegas?

How can I overcome my addiction to streaking in crowded places?

I have nightmares about Jupiter. How can I overcome them? I've had them for 20 years!

My roommate chases me around with fish and shrimp, throwing them at me. What can I do for retribution?

How do you deal with a crush on a made-up personality like Danny Concannon, I mean it's not like I can break up with him or anything.

10 comments:

nateandrebecca said...

Oh I wish I could have been there if you had actually asked those questions! But good luck with the BO. Just be glad you're not trying to "get wit" Larissa.

Cassidy said...

My favorite one was the body odor. You should have asked it. As for having a crush on the fictional character thing, I have two roommates (Myra and Brooke) who are pretty far gone over Jim on the Office and no matter how hard I try to explain (scream) to them that he is not real, it doesn't matter, they go on loving him as if he were. And I think that is going to be a problem. We need to find out the answer to that question because it's true, it's not like you can break up with him or anything.

Marie said...

I would have added to the list "Is obsessively watching Coldplay and U2 concert videos a bad thing? I mean, some guy some day is bound to be just like the Edge or Chris Martin, right? Set my standards high, right?"

Vanessa Swenson said...

Ahh, if Larissa had only been there Thursday night! You're right N&R, it could've been very exciting, especially if we could've gotten Riss to ask the question, eh?

Cass(idy)-Myra and Brooke can so keep their pipe dream of Jim and live for years in sorrow knowing deep down that he is not real. I'm changing my ways. I'm letting the idea of a cute, goateed, red-headed, democratic, intelligent journalist go. Yes, I'm moving on.

And to assumeundone:
Oddly enough I channeled your inner worries and asked this question at the activity. The responder must've known that I was asking for you because this is how he responded:
U2 er stor , men Coldplay?
Hmmm. I'm not sure what he meant. But he seemed pretty serious.

rantipoler said...

How about is it okay to murder someone if you really, really, REALLY want to?

rantipoler said...

P.S. Last CES fireside I went to Elder Tingey said some of the single adults needed better personal hygiene, updated clothing, and should lose weight. Yikes.

Myra Bybee said...

ha ha ha! I love these questions! I really wish you would have asked them! Oh and my undying love for Jim is what it is! I am not giving it up!

tiffany garfield said...

Oh my gosh! It's late and I'm not studying like I should. Instead I'm reading your blog and your questions to grandiose problems. I'm dying and my eyes are tearing up, I"m laughing that hard. You are hilarious. I miss you. We need to get together. We need to hang out and eat Brazilian food and I need to practice my portuguese with you. You're awesome! Love, Twink

tiffany garfield said...

Read scandalous questions entry again just now...still made me laugh out loud. My favorite is what if it didn't stay in Vegas? Thanks for the laugh! Twink

Marie said...

Okay Coldplay are not as good or as big, but Chris sure is trying. By the way, saw U2 3D at the IMAX in Jordan commons and Lisa and I are going again. Seeing it set those standards a little higher. Good luck guys.