Sunday, June 1, 2008

Highlights

At the end of Relief Society today, Sister Peterson stood up and made a great comment at the end during the testimonies. She mentioned how when she reads the section about the stripling warriors she always ends up thinking about the stripling sisters, the sisters to these brothers that stayed home and ended up doing not only their chores, but whatever else needed to be done when these 2000+ young men went to battle. So who did I think of? Her. But not just Rosie, a Nephite-esque hybrid. Rosie sorta dressed like this, or this. And she wasn't working on a car or an airplane.
**That's Queen Elizabeth on the right during WWII! She totally worked in the factories!

Anyway, this Stripling Rosie the Ammonite Jack-of-all-Trades, was out there, in the fields, hoeing the 63 B.C. row, then carrying the water home, washing clothes, cooking food, and whatever else needed to be done.

Part of the reason why all of this popped into my head is because I was doing everything I could to hold in my laughter. The teacher had benignly mentioned this story about a young man who had had a desire to climb Everest ever since he was young. He did it, event though he was blind. That's when I had to do everything in my power to hold in my uproarious laughter (which can be really loud, as you know), because of this video:

I seriously spent the next 20 minutes until the end of the meeting holding back with all my might. I didn't make a comment because I knew I wouldn't be able to make it thru. Oh man, it was bad. But once I got into my car: Bwahhh! I lost it.
Wanna watch the poor blind guy's reaction? Here you go.

Church seriously was funny today.

3 comments:

emily said...

oh man i went and watched the video you linked to and after a string of related newscaster-blooper videos i eventually came around to this one. that guy wheezes worse than i do!

Michelle said...

HA!!!!!!! I'm laughing out loud so hard right now. That video is classic! Ha ha ha ha ha..... I'm so glad you wrote me.

Myra Bybee said...

I love your imagination! I love that feeling of holding back laughter at church.