Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I'm back

Anna-Lisa and Juan Carlos are totally married:

It was a great day. There were TONS of tears around the sealing room. The ceremony was really beautiful.
There are more pictures floating around, but I don't have any because my camera is pretty dead. But as soon as i get pictures from other people, I'll probably post them, too.
See Anna-Lisa's brother on the left? He'd gotten back from his mission at 10:30 the night before the 9am wedding. He was pretty wired.


One of the excellent things about this wedding was the fact that I got to hang out with friends, especially those I don't get to see as often, like Em, Lori, Angela and Shelton. A large portion of the weekend was spent laughing.
The Emilys and I also made a border run on Friday to Tijuana, where I finally got up the courage to barter in Spanish.
Unlike the last time crossing the Mexican to U.S. border, I did not make a stupid mistake when the agent asked me if I'd bought anything to bring over. When I crossed from Juárez I said that I was bring "Coke" with me. Ack! Coca-Cola. Man, that was dumb.
Oh, and you can't tell from the picture, but I got a nice sunburn.
Yo estaba tan jot así.


In between the wedding and the reception later that night the EmilyX2 and I went to Solana Beach. The waves breaking were a lot louder than any beach I remember visiting. Brasil was not surprisingly calmer than California.


Emily T looked for pretty rocks and seashells to take home to remember the beach. Emily D looked at the rocks and quietly admired the view. I threw the rocks as far back into the ocean as I could and gleefully popped the kelp bubbles.
I think what we did at the beach might be a perfect example of our personalities.

2 comments:

M said...

My BeeBoo loves the jar full of rocks. She even knows that the jar of shells is from the Atlantic, but the jar of rocks is from the Pacific. :-)

JC Bond said...

I can't believe I'm just now seeing this post! I also can't tell you how much it meant to me that you guys were there. It wouldn't have been the same without you. :)