Tuesday, June 17, 2008

1775 miles and my tough fingers

1775 is how many miles I drove from Thursday middayish to early Monday morning at 1:30am. I was really sorta punch drunk when I arrived.
But the weirdest thing that came of all of this is the callouses that my fingers developed. After having my hands on the wheel for so long, my fingers became tough. Here's a picture arrowing in on my weird callouses:


Seriously who gets callouses there? Not even when I was playing basketball or baseball at full tilt was I getting these types of callouses.


The last leg of the drive was somewhat taxing b/c I was so tired. I was awake and alright while I was driving. I was kept that way, far from dangerous fatigue by Emily asking me to conjugate verbs in Spanish, letting me explain the deep grammar of the Personal Infinitive and Future Subjunctive in Portuguese. She explained chemistry to me. I blathered on about the stars and planets.

Here's a map of what we did. If you zoom in on Mission Viejo, you'll see the exit we took to try and find a place to stop when we called Bepa to call for help. She totally saved our necks right there.

And here's a map of what we should have done.
It was a grand adventure. I love the internet and how it saved our necks that day.

3 comments:

Erika said...

I think Mapquest really is the true hero of the ride home.
It was so fun to see you! When are you coming back?
~Bepa

Vanessa Swenson said...

I'm trying to figure that out. We're going to have to synchronize our Swatches.

M said...

ooooh, yuck, you drove on the 5!