Saturday, May 31, 2008

Things I might wear to Anna-Lisa's wedding

She is getting married on Flag Day, you know, (although I think she decided on this day as an homage to my MTC date). So I thought that I should probably come up with a fitting dress for the occasion.
Although I'd like to point out that the 2nd one is being sold as a wedding dress. I don't think I'll go with that one as I don't want to upstage the bride.
But then I got thinking that since she's living in the South now...
On second thought, I hate the confederate flag, so I think I'll pass on that one, too.
So I'm still stuck in my conundrum: what to wear?

I don't know which one to pick.
But I did find a beautiful bouquet for A-L:
Speaking of the day I entered the MTC:
*L2R, back row: Melissa Thomas, Julie Rae
*L2R, middle row: Cousin Andrea, Me, Melissa Schlegel, Jess Hess, Desiree Kidman (soon-to-be) Preston, Steve Preston, Natalie Thomas (now Oldham)
*L2R, crouching: Laurel, Scottie


And a random picture and comic, just for good measure:

4 comments:

Erika said...

I'm still pushing for the Polyanna look-that way you could incorporate all the bridesmaids in order to make the entire flag.

Laurel said...

I may or may not have just peed my pants from laughing so hard at your dress selections. BAHAHAHAHA!!

Vanessa Swenson said...

i actually tried to find a picture of Pollyanna dressed like that, to no avail. Urg! But it is the best version of the dress, I agree.
And, Laurel, here's a link that might help you in my dress shopping.

Going bananas said...

I love the boquet you found for A-L's wedding! Very appropriate. And I totally think you should go for the second dress with a flag as shawl. 2 flags are better than one, right?

I still get a kick out of the fact that you actually wore dresses or skirts every day for a year and a half!! Makes me smile every time I think about it.