Thursday, December 6, 2007

Tagged (by Myra)

Myra tagged me a bit ago, so I figured I would finally do what she suggested.

#1--I have nightmares about fish, specifically flying fish. Not this type of flying fish, but normal fish that for some reason fly around in the air and attack me. Or at least they fly near me. But whatever is going on in the dream, it is terrifying and I hate those dreams.

#2--Speaking of weird dreams, last night I dreamt that I was hanging out with Madonna, who I often accidentally called Margaret, or I really believed that her name could be Margaret. Anyway we were reading something.

#3--I like listening in to conversations on the bus. But really I only like listening in on the conversations that are in different languages. I really don't understand a lot of what's going on. Today on the bus for some reason I was surrounded by French. In front of me was African French--which is crazy. I know that it was mostly French with some crazy accent, but a little bit of Spanish: c'était loco. The girls behind me were definitely not French, either. Talk about a weird bus ride. Lots of Spanish surrounding me is to be expected, but French?

#4--I really like to mix root beer with a little bit of Dr. Pepper. Yum. I do this often. So much so that when I'm eating out with my brother, he automatically gets me 2 parts root beer and 1 part Dr. Pepper.

#5--Back in '97 I rewrote the Romeo and Juliet balcony scene with a Klingon flare. My Humanities 101 teacher wanted us to rewrite this scene and do it creatively. I was able to do a lot of the scenes with words that I knew. There's also a mention of an opera in the scene and I just happened to know the name of a Klingon opera. Me=Nerd.

#6--I buy lots of drinks when I go to the store. It's sort of an addiction, I imagine. Heather once said that stores put things in the check-out aisles for people like me, a serial impulse buyer.

There you go, Myra. Hope you enjoyed my hodge-podge of stories

3 comments:

rantipoler said...

First of all, the guys in that fish video are as freaky as the fish (they don't call it redneck fishing because there are no rednecks).

Second, Madonna's arms are disgustingly weird. At least in that picture, anyways.

Third, ew for mixing drinks.

Fourth, Klingon R&J = nerd alert for sure.

Frau Magister said...

Worf walks into a bar and asks the singer "Do you know any Klingon opera?" - one of my all-time favorite lines from Star Trek. I'll freely admit to my Trekkie (but not trekker) past.

Myra Bybee said...

ha ha! Wow I think you did a very good job with this tag! I love the Klingon Romeo and Juliet thing! That is soo awesome! That honestly made my day brighter!