Sunday, December 23, 2007

A coronary

A painful, sorrowful, Christmas-break-joy-destroying coronary!!
That's what BYU's trying to give us! Man alive, couldn't they have at least scored in the second half???!!! Anyway, I'm glad they won, albeit in the most heart-wrenching fashion they could possibly contrive: a blocked field goal with no time left on the clock. This kicker had nailed 2 field goals from beyond 50 yards and had a short chip in to win the game 19-17, but BYU got the blocked field goal: final score BYU 17 UCLA 16.
My heart rate is still high because of the game, like 15 bpm above normal, which is nothing compared to the 100 bpm at the end of that game.

So I've decided something: I should do push-ups and sit-ups during the game, might as well make good use of that elevated heart rate.

Oh, yeah, and to complicate manners, with 30-some-odd seconds left, UCLA got a huge gain on 3rd down which made the field goal a chip shot. This is when I almost started crying. It got worse though, because the ESPN channels WENT BLACK!!!!! Like the power cut out or something and I almost missed the end of the game. It was like the football gods were playing a mean, terrible, nasty trick on me, took me to the brink of death and then brought me back with a near myorcardial infarction, or perhaps spontaneous combustion.

When Cectpa Neeley left on her mission, she said that one of the blessings she hoped for was that the Indians would win the World Series. That didn't happen. Maybe an Ohio State NCAA championship, but that's not gonna happen against LSU. I think the sports gods have been saving up all of these good-deed blessings for BYU's bowl game.


Okay, that's a whole lot more than most of you care about.

Except for another video of the Sin City Miracle:

No comments: