Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Marriage good, dating...bad?

So the bowl game that's on tonight is turning into a rather unbearable blow out. Because of this, I've been channel surfing. I stopped on the Mountain West Conf. TV Network and saw that they were doing a Cougar Diary recap the year show, so I watched for a bit. The story was about the cross country team and the NCAA championships, etc. etc. They were interviewing a couple team members and coaches discussing the runners and the season.
The head coach said that "one of the unique things about BYU and not at other schools is the number of married athletes." Not a shocker. He continued by explaining why this was so handy: "Married players tend to be more focused. They've settled down, they're not out..." --Now here I'm thinking he's gonna say something like partying, drinking, you know, the type of stuff that goes on at other schools that can cause problems, be detrimental to ones health. Nope. What does he say? "They've settled down, they're not out dating." DATING! DATING??!!!!
Woooooh!! Woooooooooooh!!! Beware the evils of dating! Hang out, wherever possible. But if hanging out doesn't work for you, just get married.

6 comments:

Myra Bybee said...

Well I am glad to know my lack of dating is considered a good thing to be doing! I sure have settled down, now that I am not dating anymore.

Cassidy said...

I love your links on this. Funny, funny.

Erika said...

This whole time I thought the reason I was focused on school was because I was not out partying, drinking, and doing the other Vegas things. Now that I know it's because I'm not dating, I guess I can do whatever else I want.
See you at the clubs!

M said...

Oh man, the last picture is the best one.
And of course, it was getting married that made me...what was it he said? "Focused," I think it was. HA! Because of course girls would only be focused when they're married....

rantipoler said...

Dating - bad. Marriage - WORSE.

Vanessa Swenson said...

eye roll supplied.