Sunday, September 9, 2007

derelict

I do believe that I've been a derelict poster of late, I'm sorry about that. Moving has gotten me into a different rhythm in life and I need to figure things out.
Today I hung out with a bunch of Mongolians at my friend Tseegii's baby shower. Mongolians happen to be my favorite people. They are so much fun, so nice, so caring. Yes, I believe they trump the Brazilians. Since it was me and 6 Mongolians, this is what I heard all afternoon, "Tchilheisngai aitche disgusting chiidertai aimiichiikhai!" or "Tsichai typical Mormon chetykailha buklitsemai bii chamd hairtai. Scrapbooking chi bayerla bii bayertai." or "Baby lotion tsii chamai bubble bath chekha meghilai." I would understand the random English words, but never had any idea of what was really going on. But they were all smiling and laughing and I completely enjoyed myself. I love Mongolians.

In one of my classes we were discussing clothes and one of my students (they're all guys) was having a hard time remembering vocabulary and said the first thing in the book that his eyes caught a hold of: bikini. "Eu uso bikini." How can you not laugh? He wears a bikini? It was so funny.

Terror warning!: When we moved in to 331, I was rearranging the storage closet a bit, the closet doors that were stored in there, etc., there was an unopened wrapper from planned parenthood on the floor. I hadn't recognized what it was and picked up what I thought was some trash. Blech. We'd heard that there'd been some problems at our apartment, but we weren't expecting to find an unused condom. I'm sorry if any of you feel scandalized, I certainly did. Then I put it in Claire's (Em's friend's) makeup bag.
What kind of place did I move to?!?!?!?

6 comments:

Cassidy said...

Honey, count your lucky stars! At least you didn't find an OPENED condom!

Myra Bybee said...

Oh we have been coming up with a prank recently that involves placing a condom in the EQP's binder for church!Maybe that is why they had one...for a prank....

Vanessa Swenson said...

AMEN!! to the unopened condom.
And right, Myra, wink wink nudge nudge
Emily actually sent the prize onto her friend Claire who's now at school in Chicago.
Oh, and a big thumbs up to the idea of strategically placing the condom in the EQPrince's folder. Beautiful prank!

Cassidy said...

That is a GREAT idea for a prank! Oh! I love it!

Frau Magister said...

Did I ever tell you there is a Mongolian woman in my ward? Yeah, it was real exciting day the rm from Mongolia started talking in sacrament meeting about how Mongolians are drunk, violent and spiteful.

Erika said...

Thiaikck I aitech love chetbai Mongolians aireachtsch too chekhaabii!
-Bepachairi