Sunday, March 14, 2010

Creation Lesson

I got asked to give the lesson today in Relief Society about The Creation from the manual.
Flippant things:
First, it'd been a long time since I'd taught a class in straight-up English. There was some stalling going on while I fished around in my mind for the right translation from Portuguese to English.
Second, I got to use some etymology at the beginning of my lesson.
Third, I got a shout-out to Brock into my lesson when I mentioned how ConcepciĆ³n moved 10 feet to the west.

Less flippant:
It was a lot of fun to get to teach in church again. I miss it. I learned a lot in researching the lesson.

Here's a really cool quote from Elder Bednar (Oct 2008 GenConf) that I found during my prep:

We learn from these verses (Moses 3:4–5) that the spiritual creation preceded the temporal creation. In a similar way, meaningful morning prayer is an important element in the spiritual creation of each day—and precedes the temporal creation or the actual execution of the day. Just as the temporal creation was linked to and a continuation of the spiritual creation, so meaningful morning and evening prayers are linked to and are a continuation of each other.

So there you go, it was a happy Sabbath :D

6 comments:

Amy B. Jones said...

Like

Laurel said...

You go asked? That's weird. I thought you got asked. Maybe you had food in your mouth.
Oh and happy prime number to you.

Vanessa Swenson said...

It's like, you go girl.

A student midwife said...

I really love this post. Thanks for sharing.

Vanessa Swenson said...

Thanks, Ani. I think it was really Elder Bednar that made it great.

Lydia and Josh said...

Great quote! I wish I was there for your lesson!