Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Important but whatever

So I thought some of these things might be important. I dunno, maybe you won't. I try not to blog much about political stuff, even though it floats around my mind all the time. I think this will be my last for a while.
Mostly this entry is just presenting info and some funny stories.

I thought maybe some people would like to read this.

Often one party gets accused of playing politics with national defense. Frankly, most of it is baloney, but it does happen, and it happens on both sides equally. To wit: pathetic. And that wasn't the only hearing.

And there are some members of a party, thankfully they're in the minority, that are egging things on.

It took how long for the Dems to recover from the havoc and damage that the mean-spirited protesters wreaked in the 60s and early 70s? Into the 90s.
The GOP think they're going to have great autumn. What's going on right now is going to kill all of that. President Nixon was elected because the Dems ate their own in '68. The GOP is headed the same way this fall.


Oh, Utah Congressman Matheson is being smeared by a few people for having his vote bought by the White House when his brother was appointed to the appeals court. --Except Matheson consistently voted No. Seriously?

To end on a funny note, Scott Brown thinks this is going to work. He's going to lose if he keeps up the obvious lie that Rachel Maddow is running for the Senate. He's already looking like a fool. But, hey, it keeps us laughing.

2 comments:

Marie said...

I never comment on the political ones because of my shameful ignorance, but I do find them interesting.

Vanessa Swenson said...

You shouldn't feel shame or ignorance. I think people are afraid that they need to know a whole lot to make comments or ask questions where politics are concerned. But it's quite the opposite. No stress.