Tuesday, November 18, 2008

my Christmas wish list proves just how nerdy I am

Mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas, what my wish list was. It took me a while to think of anything. After I'd told mom what I wanted, I yet again realized how uber nerdy I am:
John Adams Bio
Team of Rivals
History of American Political Thought
Toothbrushes, yes, plural.

And there's an item that's perpetually on my general wish list, and that someday I'll convince myself to finally buy: Ken Burns' Baseball. Oh, and this, too.

What else should I want? I can't think of anything. Especially when some of my most favorite items are free.

7 comments:

rantipoler said...

Sounds like a marvelous Christmas to me. Especially Ken Burns' Baseball. It's fabulous!

Marie said...

I suppose that means I should ask Santa for a new toothbrush(es) as well. Thanks for the reminder:)

nateandrebecca said...

Wow. I wish my Christmas list were so inexpensive. Somehow I always end up asking for things I really need for art...which are pretty much always super expensive. For example, this year I really need a good SLR digital camera since my old camera stopped working.

Jared Blanco said...

when in doubt, I ask for cheese.

Vanessa Swenson said...

mmm, an SLR camera. that is a great idea.
yes, marie, toothbrushes are great!
cheese, that reminds me, i need to find a good recipe for a cheese sauce.

emily said...

you are a nerd. but i have to inform you that you have some tough competition. the toothbrushes are what triggered the memory:

when i was five years old my christmas list included: a toothbrush, a dictionary (whence i learned the greek alphabet just for kicks), a calculator, and yes, a dreidel. what can i say? i grew up in maryland where we learned chanukah songs in school, and did i mention that i didn't really have a clue what christmas meant for the first, oh, 16 years of my life?

and ps i love ken burns documentaries, too. the civil war series was great.

M said...

We're working on our lists...and BeeBoo's. Our big problem is always not ending up with MOUNTAINS of junk for her. It's insane the lengths our folks go to...