Sunday, November 2, 2008

the founding brethren

I almost always accidentally refer to the Founding Fathers and "The Brethren." I've done it before. It's very embarrassing.

Anyway, I can't remember who I promised the comparison of basic political platforms to. So if I promised it to you, will you let me know. I should really write these things down. And if I haven't promised it to you, and you want it, let me know.

Anyone else annoyed about Falling Back? I'm a big fan of making Daylight Savings the standard. Time to start counting down to the 2nd Sunday in March. I love sunsets occurring after 9pm.
You know, I was really happy when the dates were changed to extend Daylight Savings during the year. But I really miss President Monson's reminders during April Conference.

BYU and Colorado State played a game today that was more reminiscent of the crazy scores from the Wacky WAC. Seriously, where'd the Cougars defense go? 45-42?

I don't know how much this will help the Senator's presidential campaign, but it's pretty darn funny:


And one more:

5 comments:

rantipoler said...

Hilarious! I did get the "you Mormons can't dance" thing in high school, along with "you can't watch TV." One girls grandma even told her we only eat grains. MMMMMMMMMMM. Grains.

emily said...

i wish mormon would send me flowers.

Jenny said...

that's funny that you get those mixed up sometimes. i used to always call the pilgrims pioneers in elementary school. my classmates always were confused, while some of my teachers just thought i had a good vocabulary...because really, the pilgrims were pioneers in their own respect. anyway...

David said...

I only get in trouble when I send flowers.

Vanessa Swenson said...

A-L: grains are pretty tasty. yum.

em: if mormon sent you flowers, that would be otherworldly.
oh, that was bad. i'm sorry about that.

jenny: i tend to call the pilgrims pioneers, too! being mormon can make a vocabulary very whacked out.

david: maybe you should send flowers to a girl with a link to the video...