Monday, November 3, 2008

My Blues and Reds

First things first: I wanna have a big party tomorrow, all blued and redded up. What should I do?
Also, I'm going early tomorrow morning to vote. I haven't voted yet because I get all cheesy romantic about voting on Tuesday and wearing around my sticker. I really should just get over it.

This is my guess for tomorrow (maybe Wednesday?)

States that I think will go Blue for Obama
California
Colorado

Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Hawaii
Illinois
Iowa

Maine (1 electoral could go Red)
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
Ohio
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
Vermont
Virgina
Washington (state)
Washington D.C.
Wisconsin
The total for Blue? 338

States that I think will go Red for McCain
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Georgia
Idaho
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska (1 electoral could go Blue)
North Carolina
North Dakota
Oklahoma
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
West Virginia
Wyoming
The total for Red? 200

My crazy prediction? Utah could be at only 59% for McCain! This percentage would be seismic.

Anyway, here's the map:

States that I'm not really sure about: Florida, Indiana, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio

This is why I like him so much: College football playoffs


As soon as I find Senator McCain's, I'll upload it. It was pretty funny.
Found it:

11 comments:

Sahara said...

You are so cleverly political. I am so not.

Vanessa Swenson said...

cleverly political? i dunno about that. obsessively political? without a doubt.

Sahara said...

Obsessively clever? Or cleverly obsessive?

sallysue said...

I am SO ready for this to be over - and right now, any ending will be a happy ending. Why, you ask?? Because I'm in the, could go either way state.

Yesterday I received about 3 phone calls, today at least two, possibly three.

A BYU prof sent a letter to BYU Alums living in battleground states, asking for mailings to be forwarded to him: I sent at least twenty different mailers back.

Signs from both parties line my way to school every morning...okay, okay, I'll stop.

Its just been a teensy bit overwhelming!

And, for the record, if Greensboro is any indicator, Obama will take NC. But, if those outside cities represent, it could go McCain.

Emotions are running high. I'll let you know how my music and nationalism class goes on Wed. It's chock full o' Obama-ites. (Let's just say I don't talk much when it comes to politics in there.) :)

Wow. Now that was an essay.

Vanessa Swenson said...

Depends on what the meaning of "is" is.

Vanessa Swenson said...

sallysue:
I don't know if I'm bummed or happy to not be in a swing state. But I bet it's been a big headache, though.
I'm totally curious about your state. Let's see, you're done by 7:30 your time?
Honestly, I think once we know Virginia, we'll know how close this election's gonna be.

Good luck surviving tomorrow!

rantipoler said...

You know the downside of being an absentee voter? NO STICKER!! Bummer. :(

Frau Magister said...

I didn't get a sticker!!!! No stickers at my poll. I'm so bummed.

sallysue said...

No sticker? I have to say I got a pretty sweet sticker. It has the seal on it and everything.

More update: as of 5pm est, I've had three phone calls today. still. I got in line at 6:30am, and was all done an hour later.

People are antsy, making sure everyone is voting. It will be close. It does seem to be mostly church friends voting McCain, and school friends voting Obama. hmm....

sallysue said...

Okay ma'am, you are freaky close to the ending numbers!

I keep checking for your hooray post, but I'm assuming either your watching the telly, or waiting for 'official' results from all.

And now, since I'm putting off my papers, I'll let you be.

Vanessa Swenson said...

i was actually thinking if I should post something.
but honestly, i don't want to gloat (in front of other people)
but i feel like those old toyota commercials, jumping up in the air.